Two-faced


Two-faced


By dusk, 
everyday, 
I remove my mask
And each dawn I put it back on – again.
Such has been my life and such has been my way of life for a while...

I hide nothing that may cause death to one
But I hide so much, so I do not cause death to my soul
I am tired of being two-faced
The weight I carry with me is getting heavier and I want to rest
The burden is unbearable
 I shed my tears in hope that it will water my heart for a new life

As the dew settles on the green grass
And as the first ray of sun, shines through the horizon
I sigh and wake – still thankful that I can still breathe, I can still feel and I live…
Being a prisoner of your own mind is a greater war- fought with every breath of life

I know not- what free means anymore
I fear that freedom comes in the form of laughter and a happy soul
The mask I wear is of great strength, is of wisdom and is of peace-

As darkness greets the sunset, 
my face is unmasked, 
my pores are wide open, 
my skin feels the coldness of the air around me
I see blood bleeding out of my soul
I see the rawness of my feelings
I see the confusions
I see my mind travelling like the speed of light
I see the sickness, the illness- what the world laughs at, what the world don’t understand, what the world does not accept
I see Me

I wear the mask
To hide
I wear the mask
To survive
I wear the mask
To live
I wear the mask because I love my soul more than my mind- I shan’t allow it to die a cruel death
I wear the mask
Because I simply cannot face Me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Each time death visits me, it brings along a friend- grief.

She died again today

What's in a name?