I have a LIFE and for that i am grateful


This post is more of a reflection of my year 2015!


I often try and steer clear from saying, "I am alive and for that i am grateful", mainly because being 'alive' does not equate to "life" for me. 

For me, Life is more than just breathing in and out, working and making ends meet but its about living and loving MY life intentionally and with a purpose. 


On a daily basis before i sleep- i often reflect on my day, on my actions and ask myself the following three things:

1. Did i do my best?
2. Was i being kind?
3. Did i love enough?

These three things were my mantra and daily intentional reminders/questions especially during my separation and divorce few years ago. I didn't want a life spent on hating, regretting and taking out my anger, sadness and frustration on others let alone on myself. 

For me to survive and truly be at peace and be in love (with the self first and others second), meant i had to intentionally do these three things. 

Trust me, these are not easy things to do, especially when life continues to throw you bucket loads of lemon and bloody hell not enough time to even make yourself a nice cold drink or some nice vodka lemon drink!

Its very challenging to do the three things on a daily basis without wanting to 'deck' some senses into some genuinely rude, nasty and negative humans. Moments like that 'meditation', 'prayers' and 'counting/breathing exercises' help a great deal. 

I have had some moments (maybe 2 or 3 times) of being 'brash' and condescending, and have been called out for it, for which i am grateful for. I need some reminding and that made me grow and continue to be humble and remain true to the self. 

My 2015 was filled with so much love, kindness and best of attempts and outcomes, simply because i focussed my energy on loving & living intentionally. I made the extra effort where it was needed (or not needed)- though this made me teary eyed and moments where i myself struggled with being obstinate- i pushed  on. 

Looking back i am glad that on a daily basis, i continued to do these three things. Though i feel i was often judged for it (because in our society this at times is perceived as being weak) but heck (time to change this mindset), i don't care, as long as i knew (know) that i was (and still am) making small positive changes in this world that is in dire need of love, patience, kindness and doing the best to bring about positive change. 

I am very proud to say that YES i did my best, YES i tried my very best to be kind and patient and YES YES YES i loved (and still do) in abundance!

Food, books, writing has continued to be my top things on my list. 
Endless prayers and my faith has sustained me!

2016 you are just another love and life affair that has already consumed me!







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Each time death visits me, it brings along a friend- grief.

She died again today

What's in a name?