A temple that i worship


The relationship i have with my body is sacred
I treat it with utmost respect and love


The Body 
has warranted a war without consent
become a battleground even for the self
An atomic composition with curves and stretch marks
That has become societies mouthpiece


Have you heard your body call out 
To recognise its worth

To be a woman 
who is comfortable in her own skin is rare!
How often do you celebrate your body?

Bodies have become symbols 
of sex
of insecurities
of logos
of power

The Body 
has been shaped by your definition of self-worth
it has been sabotaged 
The body has become
an obstruction
a disruption
It has become your political buy-in
A theatre of war

My body 
is what i feed it
I feed it with Love and Respect
Though the scars i carry are reminders of life
They are celebrated 
because they have become trophies
A second chance to Life!

The body 
does not need your opinion
My body 
does not need your acceptance
nor should it reflect your disposition
My body 
is my passion

The Body, the self, the trophies of my second chance to life


Note: 

Body shaming needs to stop!
Our society needs to stop the war on our bodies. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Each time death visits me, it brings along a friend- grief.

She died again today

What's in a name?