I have fallen in love…with a woman


I have fallen in love…with a woman(…Well actually a few women)


Yes I have fallen in love with a woman, well actually more than one woman and it has been like this for some time.

In many ways, these women that I love so dearly (and some who have come into my life so recently) have in some way influenced and helped me be a better person (or be an amazing fairy or a mushroom or ‘Columbus’- as these are some names given to me by my crazies). They entered my life (or I entered theirs) and continued to bless it with so many beautiful memories and experiences. They have continued to shower me with so much love and appreciation for life that I can’t seem to imagine life without them. I love because of their love for me…I love “love” because of them

I have fallen in love with these women:

Ma- you see this woman here is the love of my life. She is my strength; it’s because of her experiences, love and strength that has made me who I am today.  I get my attitude from her (well not all- just some), its from her that I get my kindness from, though I am sure and she will also agree that I definitely don’t get my stubbornness from her (I think its from my maternal grandma). Ma has endured a lot yet she continues to be that light and sunshine that everyone always wishes for and wants in their life. She is the party and life of my life and existence and she continues to love unconditionally.

NNL- this woman here is my mum that has been there for me regardless. I don’t need to say anything or explain myself- she just knows and in many ways we are so much alike. We are so outspoken to the point that at times we tend to hurt people unintentionally.  During my childhood, she was my ‘other’ momma during times of emergency and always stepped in when things weren’t going my way.

Tutua – This woman here was my first playmate, my best friend, she was also the one I would fight with yet she would love me regardless. She had so much patience for me (and still does), she would care for me like I was the most fragile thing in the world and would always be my make-up artist, my designer and hairdresser. She is someone I have come to respect so much and continue to look up to for inspiration. She loves me like I am her child and I love her like she is my mum.

My human walking living diary- this one here has endured all my emotions and still loves me like crazy, just like how I love her like mad. I have bullied her, and made her cry- I have died for her and came back to life (only she knows this) and then she gives me her chocolate and other things I want her to do for me. She knows my ‘ins’ and ‘out’. I don’t need to speak a word and she already knows what I am feeling and going through. She stuck by me through thick and thin and she is that one person I know whom we both will say “till death do us part’. I can’t thank her enough for everything and will protect her like my baby…coz she simply is that…my precious child that I cared for and loved, changed your nappies and fed you. I cried with you (just like how you cry with me now), we both have seen the worst together and the best and here is to more amazing years. You are my twinsoul!

Machundar and Tavindar- I cant say this enough- but I love these two crazies like a mad crazy insane person. I love them like passion! I love them like cake! I love them like jungli murgi tarkari !(organic chicken curry). These two humans invited me into their lives without any condition, they healed me without realising it, and they helped me find the colours missing from my ‘rainbow’ they helped me find my wings to fly. They are what I consider ‘soulmates’. They both showed me what it was like to simply ‘fly’ and live a little.This love is forever!!

My human Owl- you see this woman here apparently knew that we were going to be friends even before I knew her. I call her “my human owl” partly because of her name but also because how in many ways what the ‘owl’ means to me. She has become someone I can easily go crazy with, without any walls being up and also have come to respect and love. This human owl has gone through so much and I draw from her strength and wisdom. She is abit crazy but she is my kinda crazy…and I am looking forward to our crazy life adventures.


Qauri aka late night eating buddy- I love you and you know that. No distance or time can ever change that and when we meet we always continue our craziness where we had left off. Thankyou for being you. 

My NY buddy aka travel buddy aka mentor aka my cocktail buddy- yes she has many names and we have grown so much (together and separately).
She has in many ways influenced me and I know I have done the same for her. She is one human that I intentionally include in my life because we are so similar yet different. I have come to know her at a personal level and know so much about her without her having to say a word. We both have cried together, laughed together, lots of anger and frustrations have been shared and I still laugh at Lionel Richies song titled “hello” simply because she knows how crazy I am about him and how ‘shitty’ that video clip is. I respect her and have come to appreciate her even more. I love her not only as a mentor but also as a friend and somewhat an older sister figure.

Mon Mon Mon- You see, we have known each other for more than 20 years. Not only have we been friends for that long but we also have lived away from each other for some time, but its crazy how our friendship has survived relationships, family dramas etc etc.
She always appears into my life when i least expect it (yet when i need it the most) and i have so much respect for this grey/green eyed human.
She is such a determined person and i love her for that- she continues to show me to be real and always to be true to myself. She is one crazy human and she never likes goodbyes...which is why she is there and i am here and its always ‘till we meet again’...

Suz, Ems, Sulueeettts, Hannnnaaaaaaahhh, Nandoooo-  No words…no words is needed my sistahhhs! I love you all like crazy.

Lis lis lis and taiiittttt- you both came into my life when I simply was not open to any friendship or relationship. You both forced yourselves into my life without an invitation and you know what...I love you both for that.  You both have become a constant in my everyday life! You both have become part of my life, my tears, my craziness and my ups and down.

Tina- Regardless of distance- our friendship is forever strong! I love you Woman! You are one strong human with an amazing personality!!  Yes looking forward to us sharing our “saggy boobs’ stories (and yes I know I made you laugh by simply writing that)

My biscuits- you know who you are, and regardless of what we have gone through and where life has taken us, know that I love you all and will always continue to appreciate and respect our friendship.  

And last but not the least is 15,15,15…you see this one here isn’t there yet in the ladder of “my love for women “(as above)…but you see she simply got my attention from our conversations and the amounts of giggles we have shared and continue to share. 15,15,15 makes me feel extra warm, she adds new colours to my life and is a cool human. For an impatient person she is pretty patient when it comes to me and is always trying to understand my perspectives and thoughts and for that- you get my attention, my time and energy! You are special and those close to me know why that is so. xoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Each time death visits me, it brings along a friend- grief.

She died again today

What's in a name?