To the love that I never lost…


To the love that I never lost…


“I have watched love pass us both by
Not sure if it was meant for us or for someone else
And sometimes I wonder if we were even meant to be
I wanted to hold you till we died
I wanted you and only you
I loved you unconditionally
We both made a vow
A vow of ‘through it all’”


Love did not envelope me in her bosom the first time it happened, I was not sure if I should even love, let alone be worthy of love at that particular time in my life.

Out of a serious long-term relationship (with someone whom I dearly loved- knew we could never be happy together, we were simply two different individuals- and I broke his heart) and I got myself into this relationship that I knew was going to work.

I said goodbye to all the loves I had, I said goodbye to the love I had for myself and hoped that someday, someday that I could revisit all those loves with open arms again and happiness. Now I see, how young and scared I was at that particular time. 

But time passed with ease and I continued to imagine myself immersed in a love that would really make me bounce with the rays of sunshine.

When love finally stopped over, I had finally agreed that I was going to allow it to stay, and stay it did.

To love someone so unconditionally is such a beautiful feeling, a feeling that can never be put in words. Days always fell short of my love. I was overflowing with all the love I felt for him. It was indescribable, it was overpowering, and it was so real and I fell in love every time I felt it.

For the first time in my life, I had opened myself up and laid myself bare. You could see the love and sacrifice in all its form.

It finally dawned on me that this was the love that I had so long craved and yearned for. It was so real yet unreal because I never imagined feeling so much of these emotions for just one person.

Every so often, I would remind myself of one of the quotes from a favourite author, “The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world, and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon”- But this was always an after-thought and a tough reminder because I continued to marvel at the beauty infront of me and the intense and real love I felt for him that I forgot the ‘drops oil on the spoon’.

But one day, one day, my love was challenged. “It’s over”, he said.
I was in total shock!

I had lost myself and I thought I lost ‘love’ when this world of love I had created came crashing down.

But you see, the love I thought I had lost when he left was never gone- it was there all along.

This love held me together, the love that I had packed away and tried to ignore, held me close. This love cried with me, wiped my tears, kept me warm and made me realise that I never lost any love at all. I regained my strength and faith. I loved myself even more, and the love that I thought I had initially felt for that one person falls short to what I now feel for myself and for amazing beautiful souls. I now understand what love really is.

I now see all the marvels of the world, and continue to make sure I still have the drops of oil in my spoon!

I continue to smile and walk on sunshine, because the love I thought I had lost, was never lost in the first place because it found its way back to me…and with me it stayed…through it all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Each time death visits me, it brings along a friend- grief.

She died again today

What's in a name?