I banter like a banshee!


With the New Year here and all that bullshit people put up as their resolutions and goals…  

…Are you one of those people that with each new year you decide to have a list of new years resolutions and promises?!

Did you follow through with any of them, or did it simply become a list…a useless list, perhaps the only thing you did was exercise your mind (for a few brief seconds), perhaps used a pen and paper or to type it all up and shared it to everyone (on FB), mastered up the courage to proclaim to the world that these are the things that you will be working towards and in the process lie to yourself that you are going to achieve ALL of it…or simply try meet the goals you had set out.

It’s great to have a list and expectations…but is it even realistic?

Usually a lot of excuses and reasons come up as to why they didn’t achieve what they had set out initially early in the year, instead of acknowledging and accepting their situation in not making small baby steps to the change they want to see in themselves and in their immediate environment.

I am quite sick and tired of all these lies people continue to tell themselves, from losing weight, saving more, to not drinking and trying to exercise regularly. What’s wrong with people being honest with themselves?  (I wonder!)

Yes I am having a moment here, but what I don’t get is that people don’t realize the power of words and its impacts/effects on their own lives. What you tell yourself consciously or unconsciously does influence who you are and who you become.

What’s wrong with intentional living? What I mean is that every day, when waking up one must make an intentional choice on how your day will be, and what it will look like.

For me I wake up and the key things I do are:
  •  Give thanks always in all circumstances and situations
  •  Make sure that my day is about loving like crazy (whether it be for work, family, friends, animals, nature or food)
  • Do everything with passion
  • Maintain a healthy lifestyle
  •  Be kind to the self and to others and treat others with respect and honesty
  • Be honest with myself and to what I do
  •  Respect myself
  • Seek peace and quiet whenever I can- write and read more
  • Laugh more


For me this is a standard list of intentional choices I make on a daily basis, there are other things that usually gets added depending on what’s happening at that particular time- but I have been following through with this perfectly fine and I must say life has been pretty magical.

I now look back to my days, months and year and I have this big smile on my face because I had set out what I wanted to and have been living my life intentionally.

I no longer can afford regrets, nor can I afford to dedicate my emotions to thinking back to “what ifs”, “if only” and “ I should have been more realistic”.

I live my life with an intentional purpose.
I have lived my 2014 intentionally!

Be more daring, be fiercer, and be more YOU! And if you are not happy with the ‘YOU’ you have created, recreate the new YOU everyday you wake!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Each time death visits me, it brings along a friend- grief.

She died again today

What's in a name?